Your fermentescibles (rest of plate)
If you are restaurateurs; collective, traditional or snacks, this section is for you!
To begin, Gecco offers this service by a collection adapted bio-waste catering.
However this service is paid, the rates will be sent to you by simple quote request..
For more information, simply call 0 805 692 115.
Waste and its regulations:
The fermentable waste
To begin with, consisting of organic materials, the waste is biodegradable.
So at the end of:
- Agriculture: animal dung, crop residues, …
- The agri-food industry: cheese factories, chemical and pharmaceutical industries, …
- Communities: lawn, garbage, …
And Gecco focuses on the fermentable emitted by the restoration (classic and collective) and the industries.
Since January 2016, any structure with more than 10 tons per year of biowaste,
must sort and have them treated in a biological sector.
Finally the last point, the Grenelle 2 law provides for administrative and financial penalties:
- Jusqu’à 75 000€ d’amende si le tri des fermentescibles n’est pas effectué (8° de L. 541-46 du code de l’environnement),
- Up to 150 000 € fine if the fermentables are not valued (L. 541-3 of the environmental code),
- Suspension of the activity (circular of January 10, 2012).
Before all the fermentables can be valued by anaerobic digestion. It’s here degradation by microorganisms of organic matter, in the absence of oxygen and under conditions controlled.
This technique has many advantages:
- The valorization organic waste in energy,
- Lightening of other waste treatment systems that support fermentables,
- The use of renewable energy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
So the methanisation allows the obtaining of biogas (composed of methane, carbon dioxide and other gases), renewable energy, which can be used to:
- The production of electricity and heat,
- Fuel production.